Looking forward to travelling somewhere? Before you finalise the dates and book your tickets, it is imperative that you take a look at travel insurance as well.
Why is it so important? Travelling can be quite unpredictable and even the most organised person may find things go wrong. In case of an emergency, travel insurance comes to your rescue and ensures that your trip is not ruined.
It covers you against unexpected events such as Travelers’ Medical or natural calamities or any unfortunate incident that may occur while travelling. Read on to know more about what travel insurance offers and how you can benefit from it when travelling.
What is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance is a type of insurance that covers the traveller in case of an unfortunate event. It can be very helpful in a situation where the traveller needs to be sent back home, or if they need medical assistance due to a health issue that has come up. It can also provide assistance if your travel plans are interrupted due to a natural disaster or another event that affects your destination.
There are many different types of insurance that can be used for travel. Some of the most important types include health insurance, trip cancellation insurance, and travel medical insurance. The specific type of travel insurance that is best for you will depend on your situation.
Travel Insurance for Travelling in India
As travel insurance is an important part of travelling, you should get it, especially if you are travelling abroad. However, it is not just for people travelling overseas. In fact, it is important to get travel insurance if you’re travelling within the country as well.
If you’re travelling abroad, health insurance is an important coverage you should look for in your travel insurance policy. This will help you get medical treatment in case of an emergency. Another important coverage that you should have is medical evacuation.
This will help you get medical treatment and be sent to your home country. You can also get additional coverage for things like baggage, trip cancellation, cash/property coverage, and emergency assistance.
When Should You Buy Travel Insurance?
You should purchase travel insurance well ahead of your journey to have enough time to file a claim if required. You should always choose a policy that suits your needs and can be purchased online. It is important to check if the travel insurance policy you are buying covers all aspects of your journey.
You might not want to get travel insurance if your work provides it for you. You can also consider purchasing travel insurance at the last minute, but you should be prepared to pay more. It is important to keep in mind that if you wait until you book your flight to purchase travel insurance, you might not be covered in the event of a delay or cancellation.
Types of Coverage Offered by Travel Insurance
- Travel Medical Insurance – This coverage is important if you are travelling to a foreign country and need to visit a doctor or hospital. It covers your medical expenses in a foreign country in case of an emergency or if you get sick and need treatment.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance – If you are unable to travel due to any reason, then trip cancellation insurance will help you get your money back. You can also get it if your travel is interrupted due to a natural disaster in your destination.
- Baggage Insurance – This coverage can be very helpful if your baggage gets lost or is damaged while you are travelling. This coverage reimburses you for your lost or damaged belongings.
- Emergency Assistance – This coverage provides assistance in case you get lost, get involved in an accident, or need help in any other way while you are travelling.
- Travel Delay Insurance – This coverage can be helpful if you are delayed for any reason during your journey. It will help you get compensated for the inconvenience caused due to the delay.
How to Choose The Right Travel Insurance Plan?
You should compare a few travel insurance plans before buying one. You can compare the cost, the coverage provided, and the ease of making a claim. If you are buying travel insurance online, make sure to check if the company is licensed to sell policies. You should also check for any complaints against the company.
You should also check if the policy covers pre-existing conditions. If you have any health issues, you should check if they will be covered. You should also check if the policy covers any family members travelling with you.
Travel insurance is an important part of planning a trip. It provides coverage in case of an emergency or if you get sick and need treatment. It can also help you get your money back if you are unable to travel due to any reason.
You should purchase travel insurance well ahead of your journey to have enough time to file a claim. It is also important to compare a few travel insurance plans and check if they cover pre-existing conditions. With travel insurance, you can relax and enjoy your trip without worrying about any uncertainties.