How would you rate your sense of humor on a 1-10 scale rating, with 10 being the maximum rating? If it’s near 10, you don’t need to read this article. On the other hand, if it’s midway or near “1” rating, you had better read on!!
Why is adding a little humor in your life helpful? That’s because it eases your mind a great deal, lifting off pressures from your shoulders, helping you to lead a happy and healthy life while you carry out daily tasks smoothly and even enjoy doing them.
How can you possibly add humor to your life? I give you several tips below:
1) When you are grumpy and gloomy, it will only lead to more mishaps and disasters. Why not curve your lips in the form of a smile and then actually smile? Immediately your sense of humor is turned on and who knows you may burst out laughing.
2) Examine yourself in front of a full-length mirror from head to toe. What are the things you like about yourself? What do you dislike? For example, it’s your nose you dislike and it’s your hair you like. Appreciate what you like and joke about what you dislike in your features. For instance, you can say, “I am so thankful for my beautiful hair but I dislike the way my nose looks – that’s OK and I can still live up to it. Is it that bad? Nobody ever said so. So I am only making it up! Haha!!” Lighten up and smile. The moment you smile in front of the mirror, you are going to burst into happy laughter. That’s when you make your day.
3) Read a jokes book or surf the net to find a handful of jokes to read. Laugh heartily. That’s what life should be like. You should enlighten yourself all the time, without letting yourself becoming too serious.
4) Share the good jokes you know with your colleagues during break time and break out into fun laughter. You will immediately win over a lot of hearts, who will like you very much. So why not do it more often?
5) Share a funny anecdote about an incident involving your son or daughter with a friend face-to-face or on phone. Make it as funny as you can so that it makes your friend smile and laugh. Let him share his funny life anecdotes with you and laugh and laugh again. That’s how life should be.
6) Dress up funny as a clown and play pranks on your kids. You kids will love the fun and have a very good laugh. These are the moments to savor, and along with them you will also smile and laugh.
7) How about your significant other? Has everything become monotonous and routine-like for them? Why don’t you find something honest to compliment them? For example, you can say, “You look smart in your new haircut!!” It will definitely cheer them up and make them smile.
Summing up, these are some of the fun tips to make you and the other special people in your life smile and laugh. Make a note of them and apply them in your daily life. Your life will start to sparkle with smiles and therefore, everlasting happiness.